Why You Should Prioritize Treating Rodent Infestations In Reno
January 11, 2023
Reno is a wonderful place to live, but it does have its share of pests. Rodent infestations are unfortunately very common in the area, and if you're not careful, they can become a serious problem. If you have an issue with rats or mice in your home, this article is for you! We'll discuss why these rodents are so problematic and how Reno pest control can treat them before they get out of hand.
How To Tell If It's Rodents Scurrying Around Your House
You'll know you have a rodent problem if you hear noises in the middle of the night and see evidence that they're around.
- Rodents are nocturnal, meaning they move during the night. If you start hearing scratching and gnawing noises after dark, rodents may be trying to get into your home or are already inside.
- Rodents have their own smell, a musky, earthy stench that comes from their urine and feces. You may not always pick up on this smell at first (especially if they haven't been in your home for very long), but once you do notice it, there's almost no mistaking what it belongs to!
- Rodents leave droppings everywhere they go, so if you see anything resembling small brown pellets or pieces of food with little bits missing from them lying around your house or yard, then chances are good that this culprit is responsible for causing damage at night when nobody is watching them.
Suspecting rodents in your house can be a very daunting experience, and if you've never dealt with them before, it's easy to get overwhelmed. Celtic Pest Control can put your mind at ease with a comprehensive plan to get rid of rodents invading your home.
Why Rodents On Your Property Can Be Very Dangerous
Rodents can cause a number of problems on your property. They can spread diseases, contaminate food supplies, carry parasites and gnaw through wood and insulation, leading to structural damage in your home. Rodents can also cause fires as they chew through electrical wires, which can cause short circuits. The presence of rodent infestations can be a health hazard for you and your family and expensive if you neglect to remove them from your home or business premises.
Tips To Keep Rodents Away From Your Home
In order to keep rodents away from your home, you should:
- Keep your yard clean. This task includes keeping leaves and other debris picked up so that it doesn't provide them with a place to hide. Rodents also like woodpiles and damaged trees, so make sure these don't exist anywhere near your property.
- Keep your house clean. If food sources are left lying around in the kitchen or living room, then rats will be more likely to come inside when they want something to eat.
- Make sure there aren't any obvious water sources nearby, such as leaking pipes or sprinklers, that may attract these unwanted wild rodents.
Effective rodent control starts with prevention, but if they are already on your property, Celtic Pest Control has the experience and tools to handle the different types of rodents found in Reno.
How To Safely Get Rid Of Rodents In Your Home
When it comes to rodent infestations, hiring a professional is the best thing you can do. Celtic Pest Control has the tools and expertise needed to get rid of rodents in your home safely and efficiently. By hiring a rodent control professional, you'll protect your family from diseases and save money on costly repairs later.
What Celtic Pest Control Customers Are Saying
"My overall experience with your company was very good. They were on time and professional. They did good work and answered all questions we had. From the first point of contact with your company, we have had a good experience. Great customer service. We will use them in the future and highly recommend them!"