Bed Bugs In Reno Are Very Hard To Get Rid Of Alone
November 01, 2022
Bed bugs are perhaps one of the most infamous pests. They are nearly impossible to get rid of on your own, and they’re one of the many reasons people seek professional pest control in Reno. Unfortunately, these pests are as easy to pick up as they are difficult to get rid of. If you have a bed bug infestation, know that you don’t have to deal with it alone. Read on to learn more about how to get rid of these pests, and how Celtic Pest Control can help you get back to a full night’s sleep today!
Bed Bugs In Reno: Identification Guide
If you have a bed bug infestation, there will be a lot of signs. However, one of the most obvious ones is physically seeing bed bugs with your own eyes. However, they can look a lot like other bugs to the untrained eye. Below is a description of how to identify these bugs:
- Oval and brown: Bed bugs are oval in shape, brown, and look a bit like lentils or apple seeds.
- Wingless: If you're wondering if a bug is a bed bug and it has wings, then it’s not a bed bug. Bed bugs are wingless pests.
- Flat or swelled bodies: Before bed bugs feed, their bodies will be relatively flat, but after feeding, they will swell, sort of like ticks. Once they have eaten and are swollen, they will also be reddish in color.
Even if you’re not sure what type of pest you have, give the professionals at Celtic Pest Control a call. Our technicians are highly trained to perform superior pest control services, and they will be able to easily determine what your infestation is and how to treat it properly.
The Problems That Bed Bugs Can Cause
Bed bug bites can cause more than sleepless nights and itchiness. If you scratch too much, you might cause a secondary skin infection to pop up on your body, which can be dangerous and usually requires medical intervention. Lack of sleep can lead to insomnia and increased anxiety levels as well. Bed bugs are such a problem and pose such a threat to human health and well-being that they are declared a public health issue. If you have bed bugs, don’t waste time trying to get rid of them on your own. Give us a call for immediate help today.
Six Easy Ways To Get Rid Of Bed Bugs
While the best bed bug control is professional help, there are several things everyone can do to try and control them in your home. Below are six easy ways to get rid of the bed bugs today:
- Be cautious of where you set your bags. The first step is to avoid setting your bags down on carpet and furniture, as you could be unknowingly giving a free ride to bed bugs.
- Mattress covers. A good mattress cover will stop bed bugs from burrowing deeper into the mattress and setting up shop.
- Wash your bedding and clothes regularly. It’s crucial to make sure the water is hot and the dryer settings are on high, as this will kill any existing bed bugs hiding in your linens.
- Vacuum regularly. Another easy way to prevent bed bugs from settling in is by spending extra time vacuuming around your furniture and beds, as this will suck up any that have gotten inside.
- Don’t bring in used furniture. One of the easiest ways to get a bed bug infestation is to bring in used furniture, especially if you don’t know where it came from. Bed bugs easily hide in the cushions and upholstery, and you would unknowingly be welcoming them into your home.
- Call the professionals. There's no substitute for professional pest control when it comes to eliminating bed bugs.
At Celtic Pest Control, our goal is to keep you and your family healthy and safe. Part of this promise means delivering superior bed bug treatments that rid your home of its entire infestation in a timely fashion. Let us help you win your bed and furniture back; give us a call!
Professional Bed Bug Control In Reno
A bed bug infestation might be everyone’s worst nightmare, but you don’t have to fight alone. The team at Celtic Pest Control wants to help you get back to sleeping peacefully through the night. With the most advanced tools and treatments available on the professional market, our highly trained technicians will root out the cause of your infestation and eliminate it in its entirety. Don’t lose another night of sleep to these pests; give us a call for help today!
What Celtic Pest Control Customers Are Saying
"My overall experience with your company was very good. They were on time and professional. They did good work and answered all questions we had. From the first point of contact with your company, we have had a good experience. Great customer service. We will use them in the future and highly recommend them!"