Are There Spiders Lurking In The Shadows Of Your Reno Home?
January 01, 2023
The Reno area is home to a number of different spider species. Some of these spiders are known for being dangerous, while others just happen to have an appearance that freaks people out. No matter what type of spider you're having a problem with, it's important to know how to deal with them once they've made their way into your home. Here's everything you need to know about spider pest control in Reno.
Types Of Spiders In Reno
Most of the spiders you can find around your home are common house spiders and not dangerous to humans, but there are a few species in the Reno area known to be poisonous or have venomous bites. These include:
- The brown recluse spider is typically found indoors and most often bites people when they sleep.
- The black widow spider is also a type of venomous spider and can be found in woodpiles or under garbage cans.
- The hobo spider can cause skin rashes and other health issues if they bite someone on their legs or feet while sleeping (though their bites aren't usually fatal).
If you're not sure what kind of spiders you're seeing on your property, Celtic Pest Control can identify the different types of spiders and help you remove them if necessary.
All The Places Spiders Like To Hide In Your Home
Some common places where spiders like to hide include:
- In the dark corners of your house. Spiders like basements and crawl spaces because these locations provide lots of dark nooks for them to build webs and lay eggs.
- By your window frames or doors, as well as any other cracks or crevices around your home where insects may pass through during the day (like under doors).
- In your kitchen and bathroom. Spiders like to hide in cabinets, drawers, behind stoves and ovens, as well as in any other dark nooks or crannies around your house.
Finding spiders in your home can be very frightening. However, it's important to remember that spiders are not aggressive and will not bite unless you threaten them or their eggs.
What Attracts Spiders To Come Inside Homes?
A spider will be more likely to come inside your home if it has found a good source of food and water. If you have a large number of insects in and around your house, like ants or roaches, they will be more likely to come inside.
Spiders also like using homes as shelter from extreme weather conditions, such as rain or snow. Spiders seek out dry areas where they can build their webs in order to catch their prey or hide from danger. Seeing spiders under porches and decks is common because spiders love to build their webs in these shady, dry areas.
The Key To Total Spider Control For Reno Homes
While you may be quick to spray your home with an ominous-sounding chemical, this can result in more harm than good. The best way to get rid of a spider infestation is by calling in the pros at Celtic Pest Control. We know that spiders in Nevada like dark corners and crevices, so they're often hiding from homeowners who are trying to eliminate them.
Our technicians can handle anything from different house spiders to the more dangerous venomous spiders. We'll come in and treat your home for all spider infestations and make sure that they don't come back. We can also get rid of spiders outside in your yard if they are causing problems. We have the training necessary to handle any kind of spider problem, so you can rest assured that we'll get the job done right.
What Celtic Pest Control Customers Are Saying
"My overall experience with your company was very good. They were on time and professional. They did good work and answered all questions we had. From the first point of contact with your company, we have had a good experience. Great customer service. We will use them in the future and highly recommend them!"