Pest Control In Sparks, NV
The secret to pest control in Sparks is understanding how pests behave. This is our topic today. We're going to dig in deep and talk about Washoe County pest control from the perspective of pest behavior. The tips and insights provided here should help you to protect your property and your health from common Sparks pests.
Residential Pest Control In Sparks
When pests come into your yard, there are only a few things they're looking to find. Your goal should be to prevent them from finding these things if you can. Your secondary goal should be to control pest routes. Here are a few ways to prevent pest problems and keep pests out of your Sparks home.
- Pests eat nectar. Address flowering weeds to reduce the availability of nectar.
- Pests get into garbage. Keep your trash covered and receptacles as clean as possible. Doing this will help to stop pests from breeding in your trash and hanging out near your receptacles.
- Certain pests are drawn to dog waste. Stay on top of waste pickup.
- Some pests climb walls to get to bird feeders. Move bird feeders away from your exterior, particularly hummingbird feeders.
- Some pests hide under objects in your yard before they get into your home. Reduce lawn clutter and move wood piles away from your exterior.
- Lots of pests like moisture. Clean gutters and trim landscaping.
- Mosquitoes breed in stagnant water. Remove containers that capture rainwater.
- Some pests want to get to your roof. Trim branches away from your roofline and put wire mesh in your downspouts.
- All pests can find their way inside if you have vulnerabilities. Use a caulking gun to seal gaps, cracks, and holes. Replace damaged weatherstripping, door sweeps, and screens.
When you address the conditions that attract pests and allow for harborage and development, you create a habitat around your home that is resistant to pest activity. Contact Celtic Pest Control for residential pest control solutions.
Commercial Pest Control In Sparks
The scientific study of pest behavior is extremely helpful when applied to a commercial environment. A commercial service provider uses this science to get all-natural solutions, long-lasting results, and pest control that meets all government standards.
- If you own real estate, you'll appreciate cellulose debris removal services. When subterranean worker termites tunnel onto your property, they may keep on tunneling away from your property if they don't find food.
- If you provide rental units, it pays to have vapor barriers installed on properties that have crawl spaces. A sealed crawl space is naturally resistant to pests and it improves the air quality in living spaces.
- If you run a business in the hospitality industry, you'll benefit from natural solutions such as mattress encasements, monitoring stations, hepa vacuuming, and routine inspections as a first step in keeping rooms free of bed bug activity.
- If rodents are a concern, a skilled use of traps and an application of exclusion products can provide all-natural control and deterrence. These products are placed in the path mice and rats take and exclusions are applied in locations rodents are known to enter.
At Celtic Pest Control, we use natural solutions that target the source of pest activity. When these aren't enough, we add additional control options to get the level of control needed. Reach out to us for an evaluation of your Sparks business. Our team can guide you toward a customized commercial pest control solution.
Sparks's Step-By-Step Guide To Effective Spider Control
It can seem mysterious how spiders just show up and start making webs, but the truth is, they're not all that mysterious.
- If you trim your landscaping, it will be less inviting to spiders. Many spiders prefer humid spaces, and dense vegetation traps moisture.
- If you wipe down surfaces and clean dirt and dust, spiders won't feel as comfortable to create webs. They prefer undisturbed areas.
- If you remove webs when you see them, this will deter spiders from creating webs. A spider doesn't want all of its hard work destroyed. Removing webs may also remove hundreds of spider eggs hidden in egg sacs.
- Keep trash in covered receptacles and keep receptacles free of strong odors. These attract flies and spiders eat flies.
- Keep lights off at night or replace white lights with yellow, insect-resistant lights. If you have few insects, you're going to have fewer spiders looking to eat them.
- Seal entry points in your exterior. Spiders get in by accident.
Along with these steps, remember that a year-round pest control program, including ongoing spider control in Sparks, NV can reduce insects and other bugs on your property. This can have a big impact on spider populations.
What Should I Do If I Think I Have Termites In Sparks?
The very first step is to have a trained individual do an inspection of your property and search for warning signs that termites are getting inside. If you live in Sparks, we can assist you by providing a professional termite inspection. Our technicians know how to locate termite activity, termite warning signs, and conducive conditions. Connect with us today for immediate termite control assistance.
What Celtic Pest Control Customers Are Saying
"My overall experience with your company was very good. They were on time and professional. They did good work and answered all questions we had. From the first point of contact with your company, we have had a good experience. Great customer service. We will use them in the future and highly recommend them!"