Pest Control In Reno, NV
What do you imagine pest control looks like? Would you be surprised to know that modern pest control uses fungus treatments, cellulose debris removal, crawl space vent installation, vapor barriers, home repairs, and other services to address pests? At Celtic Pest Control, we use advanced sciences to address the sources of pest problems rather than attacking the symptom. Let's take a look at how this strategy works to address pest control in Washoe County.
Residential Pest Control In Reno
Pest infestations don't happen by accident. There are conditions that lead to pest problems. Our service team evaluates your home and determines the best strategy to give you long-lasting control and comfort.
- Spiders want to create webs where other webs are found or in areas that are dirty and dusty. Removing spider webs and wiping down key areas can reduce the number of spiders and prevent the creation of webs.
- Many pests, including spiders, will use gaps, cracks, and holes to get into your home. Entry points need to be sealed if possible. Where they cannot be sealed, control products may be needed to establish a barrier.
- Termites are attracted to anything that has cellulose, not only wood. Our technicians catalog food sources termites may go after, such as a stack of cardboard sitting on the ground behind your shed. We can remove these or help you to identify what you could remove to deter subterranean termites from being active in your yard.
- There are many pests that are attracted to moist environments. If your Reno home has a crawlspace, the installation of a vapor barrier and crawlspace vents can protect this important zone.
These and other all-natural pest-management methods alter conditions that are conducive to pest activity. When pests have a difficult time living on your property, they may decide to live elsewhere. But whether they do or not, these residential pest control methods give you a layer of natural protection that is systemic by nature.
Commercial Pest Control In Reno
If you're looking for commercial pest control service, it pays to go with a company that uses environmentally friendly solutions first. Pest control that targets the source of pest problems provides long-lasting and sustainable results.
- Sealing entry points creates a natural barrier that keeps pests out. In some cases, this may be all the control that is needed.
- A good sanitation program can remove smells that attract pests, food sources that sustain pests, and breeding sites that produce pests.
- Altering conditions that attract one pest can have a secondary impact on a pest that comes to eat the first. As an example, reducing the number of flies can reduce the number of spiders.
- Addressing breeding sites can arrest pest activity, such as removing stagnant water to stop mosquito breeding or cleaning a drain to stop cockroach breeding.
The goal of commercial pest control should be to reduce pest activity, create physical barriers, and apply general pest maintenance to establish exclusion. If you own or operate a business in Reno, reach out to Celtic Pest Control for industry-leading solutions.
How to Tell If Your Reno Home Has a Termite Problem
The most destructive and worrisome termites in our area are subterranean termites. They're difficult to detect and they can damage man-made structures secretly for years. Here are a few ways you can catch termite activity early.
- Termite swarmers in your home or in your yard. Winged termites are about ⅜ of an inch long and have long white wings that are rounded at the tips. The appearance of swarmers is a warning sign of a current infestation.
- Termite swarmer wings. Swarms don't last long and swarmers disappear quickly. You may only see their shed wings as a sign that you have an infestation.
- Termite workers. As you pick up dead branches in your yard (or move any termite food source) you may see worker termites underneath.
- Shelter tubes on surfaces. Subterranean termites create above-ground tunnels to get from the soil to a food source above ground.
- Damage to wood in moist or dark locations. While rare, you may see termite damage if you look in the right places.
These warning signs can be difficult to detect. It is best to let a licensed pest professional perform termite inspections. A professional can also provide you with documentation that your property has been inspected. You may need this documentation when selling your home.
Rat Or Mouse: Which Is Worse To Have In Your Reno Home?
There is a case that could be made for both. Mice are the worst because they're tiny animals. An adult mouse can fit through a hole the size of a dime. Rats can be considered the worst because they can do more damage than mice. A burrowing rat can get underneath a foundation slab and cause it to crack. At the end of the day, it isn't good to have either of these rodents in your Reno home or on your property. Mice and rats spread bacteria, transmit diseases, carry ticks, chew on wiring, and more. Contact Celtic Pest Control at the first sign of rodent activity.
What Celtic Pest Control Customers Are Saying
"My overall experience with your company was very good. They were on time and professional. They did good work and answered all questions we had. From the first point of contact with your company, we have had a good experience. Great customer service. We will use them in the future and highly recommend them!"