Pest Control In Fernley, NV
Lyon County pest control is simple—well, simple to understand. There isn't anything simple about managing and controlling pests. In fact, the complexity of pest management is what leads many Fernley residents to have more issues with pests than they really need to. A lack of pest management in key areas can allow pest problems to begin. Improper selection and administering of treatments can allow pest problems to persist. If pests in our area were just a nuisance, improper pest management and control methods wouldn't be a big deal. Unfortunately, pests present a threat to health and property. Let's take a look at a few common pests in Fernley and discuss some surprisingly simple methods you can use to keep them from damaging your property and creating health hazards. If you need immediate assistance with a pest problem, you can jump to our contact page and get help right away. At Celtic Pest Control, we provide industry-leading pest control in Fernley, Nevada.
Residential Pest Control In Fernley
There are many creatures that can come into your yard. Some fly. Some crawl. Some tunnel. How a potential pest comes into your yard is not nearly as important as what works to keep them away.
- A hole in your yard isn't a big deal, right? It might be. That hole might inspire yellow jackets to create a nest on your property.
- Cleaning a dusty or dirty garage is easy to put on the back burner, but you shouldn't neglect this important task. Spiders and several other pests are drawn to environments that appear secluded and undisturbed.
- A weed problem in your lawn can be annoying. It can also attract ants, mosquitoes, wasps, bees, and more. Insects eat nectar.
- An insect problem can create more insect problems. Insects eat other insects. If you have exterior white lights, these can attract insects to your property. Replace white lights with yellow lights to reduce insects and the insects that eat them.
- A hummingbird feeder brings pretty hummingbirds close to your home. Hummingbird feeders also attract carpenter bees and carpenter ants. Both of these insects can damage your property.
- It is easy to neglect a clogged gutter. Out of sight, out of mind. But, when you stay on top of keeping your gutters clean, you deter perimeter saturation which can invite a long list of moisture pests, not the least of which are scorpions and subterranean termites.
When you roll your sleeves up and tackle maintenance jobs, you deter pests from living near your home and getting inside your home. If you go one step further and hire a residential pest control provider, not only do you get an extra layer of protection, you get essential protection in key areas where vulnerabilities have not yet been addressed.
Commercial Pest Control In Fernley
There are many ways pests can have a harmful impact on businesses in our area. Some of these ways are surprising and some of the solutions used to prevent pest problems are surprisingly simple.
Do you know that studies have shown a correlation between employee productivity and the appearance of pests? It's true. Even an environment that is not considered sensitive, such as a banking institution or office space, can be harmed by the appearance of pests. Many commercial pests can be managed with perimeter pest control. Routine crack and crevice treatments, applications of granular products, the removal of webs, and other general pest maintenance can make interior environments conducive to employee productivity.
Routine appearances of spiders and other creepy pests can cause tenants to move out. Tenants who put in a lot of effort to keep things clean and repaired are more likely to be disturbed by general pests like these. It's never good to lose a high-quality tenant. Spiders are attracted to exteriors that have webs, dust, or dirt. Removing webs and cleaning key areas can have a big impact on spider populations. Cleaning will also help to cut down on populations of other creepy pests.
One little mouse isn't much to look at, but one little mouse can create many problems in a business. Mice spread bacteria. The feces of mice can be a disease concern. One mouse can have as many as a hundred seed ticks on it. Mice damage property and chew on wires. A licensed professional can seal entry points and provide trapping and baiting solutions for effective exclusion.
If you own or operate a business in Fernley, reach out to Celtic Pest Control for assistance in setting up a commercial pest control plan. It is best to stay ahead of pest problems and keep pests out.
An Effective Rodent Control Guide For Fernley Property Owners
Mice, rats, and to a certain extent, squirrels, may all be managed naturally. Here are a few simple steps you can take to reduce problems:
- Remove food options such as seeds, nuts, and access to garbage.
- Reduce water sources.
- Remove hiding places.
- Seal exterior entry points.
- Bolster vulnerable areas with metal flashing or hardware cloth.
When more control is needed, contact a licensed pest professional for rodent control services or to establish a rodent-management program.
If you're in Fernley, reach out to Celtic Pest Control for residential or commercial pest control. Our service team will guide you toward the right plan for your specific needs and budget.
A Practical Guide To Ant Control For Your Fernley Home
There are only a few steps required to get complete control of ants. Some are steps you can take. Some are steps that should be taken by a licensed pest management professional.
- Remove ant harborage around your home, such as leaves, grass clippings, sticks, and stacked wood.
- Keep trash in covered containers and deodorize containers as needed.
- If you have a hummingbird feeder, move it away from your exterior walls.
- Make sure your gutters are clean and in good repair. This will reduce perimeter dampness.
- Seal potential entry points, such as gaps around pipes and wire conduits.
- Replace weatherstripping and door sweeps.
- Keep the interior of your home as clean as possible and protect stored foods by putting certain foods in sealed, plastic containers.
- Have a licensed professional select appropriate bait and apply the bait to address the particular ant species you're dealing with.
- Have a licensed professional treat ant mounds if this is appropriate for the ants you're dealing with.
Are you having trouble with ants, or some other pest? If you're in Fernley, you're in our service area. Reach out to Celtic Pest Control for residential or commercial pest control. Our service team will guide you toward the right plan for your specific needs and budget.
What Celtic Pest Control Customers Are Saying
"My overall experience with your company was very good. They were on time and professional. They did good work and answered all questions we had. From the first point of contact with your company, we have had a good experience. Great customer service. We will use them in the future and highly recommend them!"