What Reno Residents Should Know About German Cockroaches
May 01, 2023
German cockroaches are a common pest in Reno homes. These resilient insects will eat just about anything, including toothpaste and soap, and are very comfortable living with people. These facts are part of the reason roach control is challenging and usually requires professional assistance.
Don't hesitate to take action if you suspect a German cockroach infestation in your home. These pests harm your health and well-being, so we suggest you enlist help from a Reno pest control company to eradicate them as quickly as possible. Read on to learn more about German cockroaches and how to best protect yourself and your family from them with the pros at Celtic Pest Control.
What Are German Cockroaches?
German cockroaches in Reno are relatively small when it comes to roaches, usually only growing to about half an inch in length. These oval-shaped, light brown insects have six legs, antennae, and wings they do not use. They feature two dark stripes on their backs, just behind the head.
These cockroaches are nocturnal insects, so it might be hard to catch sight of one unless you spot it quickly running away after you turn on a light. If you see these roaches during the day, it suggests a large infestation is competing for food. German cockroaches are likely to be found anywhere in the home where people eat and drink.
If you suspect a German cockroach infestation in your Reno home, contact us at Celtic Pest Control for assistance. The sooner we can eliminate this pest, the safer you will be.
Problems German Cockroaches Bring Into Reno Homes They Infest
German cockroaches infesting a home create a variety of problems for homeowners, such as:
- Cockroach legs and bodies pick up dangerous bacteria and spread them through your home, contaminating food and surfaces.
- Roaches spread numerous diseases, including typhoid fever, cholera, dysentery, and E. coli infection.
- Their saliva, urine, and feces can trigger allergy symptoms and asthma attacks, especially in children and people with compromised immune systems.
- Roaches can also spread six types of parasitic worms.
These cockroaches are especially problematic because they reproduce rapidly, and a couple of roaches can quickly become a severe infestation. To protect yourself from the threat of these roaches, contact Celtic Pest Control for help with German cockroach control.
How Reno Residents Can Protect Themselves From German Cockroaches
Learning how to deter cockroaches from your home can help you protect yourself from these pests. Here are some cockroach prevention tips you can use:
- Seal cracks and crevices around your home, as German cockroaches can fit through an opening as small as 3/8 of an inch.
- Install mesh screens over drains and vents.
- Store trash properly in clean containers with tight-fitting lids.
- Keep your home clean and tidy, especially in areas where people eat.
- Do not leave any food out in the open, including pet food.
- Address any moisture issues around the house.
It is much harder to get rid of cockroaches than it is to prevent them. Celtic Pest Control's technicians can help you eliminate this pest and find any specific areas in your home that may need attention to keep them from returning.
Why Professional Treatment Is Always Worth It For German Cockroaches
Store-bought cockroach control products are not enough to eliminate these persistent roaches. Eliminating German cockroaches in your house, from eggs to adults, takes products and expertise only professionals can offer.
Celtic Pest Control's German cockroach treatment will eradicate these harmful pests from your home. Contact us today to schedule a free, no-obligation estimate or to learn more about our residential and commercial pest control services in Reno.
What Celtic Pest Control Customers Are Saying
"My overall experience with your company was very good. They were on time and professional. They did good work and answered all questions we had. From the first point of contact with your company, we have had a good experience. Great customer service. We will use them in the future and highly recommend them!"