The Most Effective Wasp Control For Your Reno Home
July 15, 2022
If you've been living in Reno for any amount of time, you know that wasps can be a real problem in the area. These pesky insects can build their nests anywhere, and they are not afraid to sting humans if they feel threatened. Celtic Pest Control knows everything you need to know about wasp pest control in Reno, including how to identify them, how to prevent them from building a nest near your home, and the most effective way to get rid of them.
How To Identify A Wasp
There are many different types of wasps in Reno, but the most common are paper wasps, yellow jackets, and hornets.
- Paper wasps: Paper wasps are about ¾ of an inch long and are black and yellow in color. They build their nests under eaves and porches or in trees and shrubs. If you see a paper wasp nest, it will look like an upside-down umbrella with an opening at the bottom.
- Yellow jackets: Yellow jackets are about ½ an inch long and are also black and yellow in color. They build their nests in the ground or in cavities such as walls or attics. Their nest will look like a gray or brown ball with an opening at the top.
- Hornets: Hornets are about 1 inch long and are black and white in color. They build their nests in trees or shrubs. A hornet nest will look like a gray or brownish-black paper envelope with an opening at the bottom.
How Wasps Can Be Problematic Around Your Home
While wasps do play an important role in the ecosystem by preying on other insects, all types of wasps in Reno can be problematic if they decide to make a nest for their baby wasps around your home. Wasps are attracted to sweet smells, so they will often build their nests near garbage cans or fruit trees. If a nest is built near your home, you and your family could be at risk of being stung.
In addition, wasps can damage your property. They will chew on wood and other materials to make their nests, which can lead to significant damage over time. In some cases, the damage caused by wasps can be so severe that it requires expensive repairs.
Five Easy And Effective Wasp Prevention Tips
There are a few simple things you can do to prevent wasps from becoming a problem around your home:
- Keep food and garbage sealed tightly. Wasps are attracted to sweet smells and food.
- Remove standing water. Wasps need water to build their nests, so removing standing water will make your property less attractive to them.
- Trim trees and shrubs. Trimming trees and shrubs will remove potential nesting sites for wasps.
- Cover vents. Vents are another common nesting site for wasps, so covering them will help keep them away from your home.
- Fill in ground holes. Holes in the ground can provide areas for wasps to nest, so remove access to these areas.
While there are a few things you can do to prevent wasps from nesting around your home, be sure not to disturb a nest that's already there. Attempting to remove a wasp nest yourself is extremely dangerous and is not recommended. Instead, contact a professional for wasp nest removal in Reno.
The Most Effective Way To Keep Wasps Away From Your Home
The best way to get rid of wasps in Reno is to call a professional. Celtic Pest Control has the experience and expertise to safely and effectively get rid of wasps from your property. We will conduct a thorough inspection of your home and property to identify potential nesting sites and determine the best course of action. Our pest control technicians are trained in the latest wasp removal techniques and will help you get rid of these stinging pests for good. Contact us today.
What Celtic Pest Control Customers Are Saying
"My overall experience with your company was very good. They were on time and professional. They did good work and answered all questions we had. From the first point of contact with your company, we have had a good experience. Great customer service. We will use them in the future and highly recommend them!"