Pest Spotlight: What To Do About Moles On Your Reno Property
November 07, 2022
The pride of any home is a beautiful, well-maintained lawn and yard. Unfortunately, there are lots of things that get in the way of having a healthy yard, including pests. Mole control is one of the many reasons people seek professional pest control in Reno, because though they might be cute, these pests are capable of causing significant amounts of damage to your lawn and gardens. Read on to learn more about how to tell if you have a mole problem, and how Celtic Pest Control can help your yard be mole-free today.
How To Tell If You Have A Mole In Your Yard
The first step to mole control in Reno is knowing how to spot the signs of an infestation. Fortunately, if there are moles in your yard, the signs will be unmistakable. Below are the most common things you’ll see if you have a problem with moles:
- Dead or discolored grass: Throughout your yard, you will find patches of dead or discolored grass, as this is a direct result of moles tunneling through your yard.
- Loose dirt and soil: Another common sign is finding patches of loose dirt and soil in your lawn and gardens.
- Raised ridges: Take a look at your yard; if there are raised ridges running across it in criss-cross patterns, then this is a surefire sign that moles have infiltrated your yard.
- Molehills: Another sure sign is the presence of molehills. These are little mounds of dirt in your yard, about six inches in height, and shaped like footballs or volcanoes.
At the first sign of these pests, give the professionals at Celtic Pest Control a call. We have the experience and tools needed to take care of your underlying problems and deter the moles indefinitely, saving your yard from destruction.
What Kind Of Things Attract Moles To Your Yard
Moles in Virginia invade yards for the same reasons any pest invades: access to food, water, and shelter. Having moles in your yard indicates that there is some sort of steady access to all three of these needs. This could be in the form of a pond, puddles, or leaky pipes and spigots that create access to water. Having a yard that is full of grubs and earthworms provides moles with constant access to food, making your yard a perfect place for them to thrive. Ultimately, having moles in your yard indicates that there are conducive conditions allowing for them to flourish.
At Celtic Pest Control, our technicians are thoroughly trained to pinpoint these conducive conditions and implement proven prevention strategies to keep them from returning. Give us a call if you’re not sure why the moles love your yard.
How To Repel Moles Naturally
Prevention is the best pest control. Below are some ways to naturally repel the moles from your yard:
- Remove access to water: Start by fixing leaky pipes and spigots, and clearing out puddles and clogged gutters to remove their access to water.
- Have a professional treat your yard: It’s nearly impossible to rid your yard of grubs and earthworms by yourself. Have a technician from Celtic Pest Control treat your yard with the most advanced treatments available on the professional market to remove the food supply.
It can be overwhelming to try and prevent the moles on your own, because there is so much work that goes into removing their water and food supplies. However, you don’t have to go at it alone; let the team at Celtic Pest Control help you today.
The Best Mole Traps For Effective Pest Control
For the most superior mole control services in Reno, give the team at Celtic Pest Control a call. We have the skills and tools needed to remove their access to food and water on your property, as well as to safely and efficiently remove existing moles. You deserve to have a beautiful, happy, healthy lawn and garden; let’s work together towards that goal today!
What Celtic Pest Control Customers Are Saying
"My overall experience with your company was very good. They were on time and professional. They did good work and answered all questions we had. From the first point of contact with your company, we have had a good experience. Great customer service. We will use them in the future and highly recommend them!"