Mistakes Reno Homeowners Make That Invite Spiders Inside
May 11, 2023
Spring brings a return of warmer weather and the reemergence of numerous pests. If you have recently been seeing spiders everywhere in your house or some large ones that look concerning, it is time to find out what might be attracting them.
We’ll review some of the most common spiders Reno pest control companies find in homes to help you identify the type you are facing. We’ll also explain how you may unknowingly invite spiders into your home. Read on to learn more about these pests and the best way to deal with them from the pros at Celtic Pest Control.
Common Spiders Found In Reno
Identifying spiders can be difficult, especially considering how close you would need to get to inspect them.
The following list explains the most common types of spiders in Reno that infest homes and some tips to help identify them:
- Black widow spiders have black bodies with a red hourglass shape on their abdomens and irregular webs at ground level.
- Cellar spiders prefer dark, damp areas like cellars and crawl spaces and weave loose, irregular webs.
- Common house spiders are yellowish-brown and create tangled webs in the dark corners of your house.
- Jumping spiders are usually black with stout bodies and are easy to notice because they jump to catch their prey.
- Orb weaver spiders have varying colors, but you will see the large circular webs they build.
- Wolf spiders have stout, robust bodies and long legs, which they use to run and catch prey quickly.
While most spiders in Nevada are harmless, some, such as black widows, can harm people. If you are unsure of the type of spiders you have, contact us at Celtic Pest Control for assistance with identification and removal.
Five Mistakes Homeowners Make To Attract Spiders
No one puts out the welcome mat for pests to enter their home, but unfortunately, many homeowners mistakenly attract them anyway.
Here are five common mistakes you may be making if you are having trouble with common household spiders:
- Clutter in your house or storage areas.
- Unfilled cracks, crevices, and gaps on the exterior of your home.
- Storing firewood close to the house.
- Leaving outdoor lights on at night.
- Ignoring an insect infestation on your property.
Clearing up any of these issues will help keep spiders away. If you already have an infestation of insects and spiders in your home, contact us at Celtic Pest Control to eliminate them.
What To Do If You See Spiders Around Your Home
If you are dealing with one or two normal house spiders, they are easy to eliminate. But even common house spiders reproduce quickly, so it is essential to get them out. Frequent vacuuming can help to reduce spiders and their webs in the house; just be sure to empty the bag outside so nothing can escape.
If you have spiders, you can’t identify or a more problematic species like black widows, the safest way to deal with them is to call in the pros. Celtic Pest Control can quickly identify the spiders on your property and eliminate them for you. Contact us today for help with any insect or spider problem.
Professional Spider Control In Reno Made Easy
If you are ready to evict the spiders in your Reno home, it is time to reach out to the pros. Our technicians are here to eliminate your spiders and the insects that may attract them. Contact Celtic Pest Control today to schedule a free, no-obligation evaluation and to learn more about our residential and commercial pest control services in Reno.
What Celtic Pest Control Customers Are Saying
"My overall experience with your company was very good. They were on time and professional. They did good work and answered all questions we had. From the first point of contact with your company, we have had a good experience. Great customer service. We will use them in the future and highly recommend them!"
Contact Celtic Pest Control Today!(775) 348-7445
Reach out to us for immediate pest solutions in Reno, NV, and surrounding areas.