Let's Talk About Carpenter Ant Control On Your Reno Property
November 11, 2022
Whether you have a residential or commercial property, carpenter ant control is essential. Without professional help, these pests, which act much like termites, can completely compromise the structural integrity of your building if given enough time. These pests are notorious here, and your home or business can incur some significant damage if you’re not careful. Read on to learn more about these pests, and how Celtic Pest Control can provide effective pest control in Reno to keep your property carpenter ant-free today
Carpenter Ant Nests: Where Are They?
If you want to avoid carpenter ant damage to your home or business, you first need to know where they try to nest. Because carpenter ants nest inside wood, they prefer to find wood that is moist or damp, meaning you are most likely to find them nesting:
- Near sinks: Your bathroom or kitchen sink may provide carpenter ants with all of the moisture they need, and they may build their nest nearby in order to take advantage, particularly if there are any leaks or drips in the plumbing behind the walls.
- Around windows: The wood around windows that aren't well sealed may provide an ideal nesting location for carpenter ants. Moisture from rain can create damp wood that's ideal for these pests.
- In and under decks: Wooden decks that are exposed to the elements make a great living environment for carpenter ants. Unpainted or unstained wood is even more susceptible to water damage and may act as an attractant.
If you suspect a carpenter ant infestation, but you’re not sure where to find the nest, give the team at Celtic Pest Control a call. We have the skills and experience needed to pinpoint exactly where these pests are nesting, as well as exterminate them in their entirety. Give us a call to find out more.
Can You See Carpenter Ants In Your Wall?
If there are carpenter ants in your house or business, you might be able to see them. However, it’s not a good idea to go off of sightings alone as a way to determine if you don’t have carpenter ants, because there will usually be more signs. Below are some common signs of a carpenter ant infestation:
- Noises behind your walls: Because carpenter ant colonies can contain thousands of members, you may be able to hear rustling noises as they move through the structural wood of your home.
- Wood that appears to be sanded: As carpenter ants damage wood, they leave it looking smooth or polished. You may also notice small, smooth holes where the ants have burrowed through.
- Winged ants: When a colony has grown large enough, winged ants known as swarmers will leave the colony to establish their own nearby. These reproductive members are a sure sign that you have an established colony.
If you spot any of these signs of carpenter ant activity, take action right away. The team at Celtic Pest Control wants to help you protect your property by effectively removing your carpenter ant colony. Don’t let these pests weaken the structural integrity of your property.
The Dos And Don'ts Of Carpenter Ant Control
It can be tempting to try to take care of the problem yourself once you’ve established you have a carpenter ant problem. Unfortunately, over-the-counter methods are not known to work well, or even at all. The best thing to do once you find signs of an infestation is to call the ant control professionals. The expert technicians at Celtic Pest Control use professional-grade tools and treatments, and we implement proven prevention strategies to ensure these damaging pests don’t return once we’ve eliminated them.
Professional Carpenter Ant Extermination In Reno
If you have carpenter ants, don’t waste your time and money on ineffective over-the-counter products and methods that aren’t proven to work. Invest in superior pest control services with Celtic Pest Control today to rid your home or business of these pests. We take the time to do carpenter ant control the right way, all while providing high-quality customer service. Let us help you protect your property from carpenter ants for good.
What Celtic Pest Control Customers Are Saying
"My overall experience with your company was very good. They were on time and professional. They did good work and answered all questions we had. From the first point of contact with your company, we have had a good experience. Great customer service. We will use them in the future and highly recommend them!"