Everything You Need To Know About Subterranean Termite Control In Reno
March 17, 2023
Termites are easily one of the most destructive pests you can encounter in your Reno home because they cause billions in damages each year across the United States. Termites make their way inside unseen and damage your house for years before you discover them. By that time, the damage is done. Termites are challenging to address with DIY efforts, and unsuccessful attempts to control them may subject your house to further damage.
Termites are hard to detect and great at damaging your home. If you even suspect that you have termites, call Celtic Pest Control. Our professionals are experts at termite treatments, and we want to help keep your house safe. Let us be your Reno pest control experts.
Easy-To-Spot Signs Of A Subterranean Termite Infestation
Here are some ways to identify a potential subterranean termite infestation around your property:
- Swarms: If you see swarming termites in your home, you know you have a problem.
- Wings: Swarming termites shed wings. If you see wings everywhere inside - you probably have termites!
- Damaged wood: Termites eat wood and leave tunnels all through it.
- Mud tubes: Subterranean termites build mud tubes to ease their travels.
- Nests: Nests are underground but shallow, allowing you sometimes to find them.
Subterranean termites love your home almost as much as you do, but they want it for dinner. Celtic Pest Control does not like the sound of that. If you think you have termites, call us; we can help. We know how to get rid of termites.
Signs Of Subterranean Termite Damage To Look For Around The House
The best way to inspect your home for potential termite damage is to start from the bottom and work your way up. Look for any signs of damaged wood, especially if it is water damaged. A careful inspection may reveal termites. Since subterranean termites live underground, they tend to pollute active areas with mud or dirt. Also note that subterranean termites tend to eat wood 'with the grain,' unlike drywood termites.
Next, look for mud tubes, either in the form of freestanding columns or attached to walls, foundations, or interior support structures. If you discover mud tubes, opening them up can sometimes reveal live termites. Even if it doesn't, mud tubes are a definite sign of termites.
Finally, investigate the inside of your home for small holes in walls, bubbling paint, or what looks like sawdust near baseboards. Holes and bubbling paint may mean that termites have damaged your walls. Sawdust near baseboards may be termite droppings.
Termites will eat you out of house and home if you let them. Do not let them. For quick and effective termite removal, contact Celtic Pest Control. We know about termite treatments.
Natural Subterranean Termite Prevention Tips For Around The Home
A termite problem can be hard to eliminate and expensive. The best solution is prevention. Here are some ways you can help reduce your chances of encountering termites in your home:
- Clean up outside wood. Wood stored on the ground is highly attractive to subterranean termites, and they will waste no time pursuing it. Eliminating brush piles, scrap wood, and old stumps discourages termites. Elevating firewood off of the ground also works well. The fewer reasons termites have to come onto your property, the fewer reasons they have to go into your house.
- Keep your home in good repair. Wet or rotting wood is extremely attractive to subterranean termites, who, by nature, prefer very soft, decaying wood. Not only does this keep your house in top shape, but it also helps prevent underground termites from stumbling into a house disguised as a good meal.
- Inspect frequently. Consistent, routine inspections help prevent termite infestations from starting and expanding. Underground termites can construct mud tubes in a matter of days, and inspections can detect mud tube formation. The best way to stop infestations is to stop them early.
Finally, Celtic Pest Control wants you to understand one more thing; you do not have to figure out how to get rid of termites on your own. Celtic Pest Control knows termites. We are the best termite company near you. Call us today to get rid of termites.
The Best Termite Control Solution For Reno Properties
Termites are dangerous to your house, causing billions of dollars of damage a year. Termites are among the most destructive house pests you can face in your home. Do not try to face termites alone. Let Celtic Pest Control partner with you to eliminate termites.
What Celtic Pest Control Customers Are Saying
"My overall experience with your company was very good. They were on time and professional. They did good work and answered all questions we had. From the first point of contact with your company, we have had a good experience. Great customer service. We will use them in the future and highly recommend them!"
Contact Celtic Pest Control Today!(775) 348-7445
Reach out to us for immediate pest solutions in Reno, NV, and surrounding areas.