Are Spiders In Reno Hard To Get Rid Of?
April 20, 2023
Getting rid of spiders in and around your property can be incredibly challenging, primarily because of their nature. Spiders generally try to avoid coming in contact with people and will do their best to hide from us. Additionally, these pests can be difficult to eradicate because they reproduce in large numbers.
The good news is, you don't have to do this alone. Whether you are dealing with house spiders or a more dangerous variety, such as the black widow spider, working with a Reno pest control company can help you get rid of spiders and keep them from returning.
In this article, we will explain what attracts spiders to your home in the first place and some tips to help prevent them in the future. Read on to learn more about spiders, the problems they cause, and the best way to get rid of them with Celtic Pest Control.
Why Do I Have A Spider Problem?
There are a few reasons you might see a lot of spiders around your property. The most likely reason is that you have an insect infestation. Spiders eat insects, and their webs are often used to catch their prey. To understand why you have a spider problem, we often need to start by figuring out what insects are infesting your property and what is attracting those insects.
While insects often attract spiders initially, spiders' rapid reproductive behavior escalates the problem. Common house spiders, for example, lay 250 eggs at a time and thousands over their lifespan. Those eggs only take about a week to hatch, so you can see how a problem can go from bad to worse rather quickly.
You may also be inadvertently attracting spiders by giving them places to hide. Sheds, garages, and outbuildings with a lot of clutter offer spiders a safe place to spend their time. Piles of debris in your yard can also provide spiders with secure hiding spots.
Sometimes figuring out why spiders have invaded your property can be easier with the insight of professionals. If you are having trouble determining what attracts spiders to your home, contact Celtic Pest Control today for assistance.
Spiders In The Home Can Be Problematic
For many people, even one spider in their home is too many. Whether you share that fear or not, even harmless spiders are problematic. The following list explains some of the problems that go along with having spiders in your home:
- House spiders will build multiple webs throughout your home to catch prey, and you will frequently need to remove the webs.
- While most spiders found in homes are harmless, venomous spiders, like black widow spiders, are troublesome because their venom can make people ill.
- Their tendency to reproduce quickly is problematic when trying to eradicate an infestation.
- Spiders in your home may indicate a moisture problem.
- A large number of spiders frequently indicates an insect infestation on your property.
If spiders in your home are causing problems, contact us today at Celtic Pest Control.
Six Simple And Effective Spider Prevention Tips
While getting rid of spiders can be a challenge, preventing them in the first place is simple. These six tips will help keep spiders away and limit what attracts them:
- Reducing clutter in your home, garage, and outbuildings can limit the places spiders can hide, making your property less attractive to them.
- Be sure to seal any cracks, crevices, and gaps on the exterior of your home with silicone caulk to keep spiders out.
- Store firewood at least 20 feet away from your house.
- If you see any webs or egg sacs in your home, vacuum them up immediately and empty the vacuum outside.
- Outside, check around doorways and outdoor lights for webs that need removal.
- Team up with a professional pest control company to eliminate insect infestations that may attract spiders.
Prevention is key to keeping most pests out of your home. If you need assistance determining how spiders are getting in or what is attracting them, contact Celtic Pest Control today.
Best Way To Get Rid Of Spider Infestations In Reno Homes
The best way to get rid of spiders in and around your property is to call the pros for assistance. Professional pest control companies have the experience to determine what attracts spiders to your home and how they find a way inside. Contact us at Celtic Pest Control to schedule your free, no-obligation estimate to eliminate your spider infestation.
What Celtic Pest Control Customers Are Saying
"My overall experience with your company was very good. They were on time and professional. They did good work and answered all questions we had. From the first point of contact with your company, we have had a good experience. Great customer service. We will use them in the future and highly recommend them!"